If you have an ulcer . or if your blood tests show h. pylori, the bacterium that causes ulcers . your doctor will prescribe potent antibiotics. And you'll have to take them for quite a while, sometimes as long as 8 weeks.
But despite the downside of antibiotics, I urge you to listen to your doctor and take the medication. If you don't, you'll not only keep your ulcer but you'll also increase your risk of stomach cancer.
Can You Restore Your Hearing by Taking Nutrients?
Most doctors don't think nutrition has anything to do with hearing loss. But several new studies show just how important nutrition is to your ears - and how some people are actually reversing their hearing loss.
Click Here To Learn More
So yes, I am recommending prescription drugs in this instance. But I'd also like to recommend some natural remedies you should take in addition to the antibiotics. These remedies will speed up the healing process and start to relieve your pain in about a week:
* Digestive Enzymes - If you have symptoms of pain before or after meals, try a digestive enzyme product. It will help you digest your food faster. Take it at the beginning of each meal. Beano, available at most discount stores, is an easy place to start.
* Deglycyrrhizinated licorice root extract (DGL) protects the digestive tract from corrosive stomach acids. It increases the number of mucus-secreting cells from glands in the upper portion of the stomach. Simply chew two 380 mg tablets three or four times daily between meals.
* Aloe vera juice offers relief by healing the stomach lining, reducing stomach acid secretions and aiding in the prevention of internal bleeding. I like the whole leaf aloe juice products that have high mucopolysaccharide contents. Drink eight ounces a day. You can find aloe vera juice at any health food store.
* Glutamine, an amino acid, speeds up the healing process by nourishing the cells that line the digestive tract. A teaspoon in water three to four times each day will speed the healing process.
* Last but not least, I advise you to take probiotics to keep the antibiotic from killing all the beneficial bacteria in your gut. My favorite probiotic product is Advanced Probiotic Formula from Healthy Resolve.
I've seen this 5-step plan work wonders in my patients. It can work wonders for you, too.